MODEL: AEW – FPK
STANDARD EQUIPMENT & ACCESSORIES
The machine base is made up of Cast Iron and is fixed with zinc coated steel legs with check nut to help in maintaining proper balance on any surface. One ¼ h.p. 1440 rpm Single-phase 220 volts motor AC 50 cycle. This motor is fixed on a removable base plate. The two housings contain two separate shafts driven by the same motor – but both these shafts are rotated in different directions with the help of an idler pulley. This pulley is adjustable and is also used in Tightening of the belt. The bigger housing made of Cast Iron is for fixing the diamond coated grinding lap of 8″ dia. This housing is fixed. The smaller housing also made of Cast Iron is for fixing the polishing lap of 6″ dia. This housing is adjustable to match the height of the polishing lap to that of the grinding lap. The machine comes with faceting equipment consisting of a 3-D Block, Facetor with Index wheel, collet and cheater adjustment and a table polisher. The 3-D Block is made of Brass and the table polisher is made of aluminum. The collet is made of spring steel.
The Gemstone is fixed on to a metal (brass/iron) dopstick of 8 mm dia with the help of dopping wax. This dipstick is then inserted in the collet of the facetor and locked. Thereafter the collet is rotated manually with the help of the index wheel alternatingly on the cutting lap and the polishing lap. The index wheel is provided with 64 or 96 divisions to achieve various facets on the stone. The angle protractor fixed to the 3-D Block indicates the angle of cutting and polishing. The motor rotates the cutting lap and the polishing lap. The speed of rotation of either or both the laps can be changed with the help of step pulleys provided with the machine. This machine is ideal for simultaneous faceting and polishing of gems in many shapes – especially round, square, octagon etc.
The grinding lap, the polishing lap, dopsticks, dopstick stand, transfer block, light and coolant attachments are not provided with the machine.
- This machine is capable of simultaneous faceting and polishing and therefore saves precious time and energy of changing laps for faceting and polishing.
- Separate laps for faceting and polishing ensure that no accidental damage is done to the stone.
- The facetor can be lifted up almost 180 degrees with respect to the grinding lap. This affords a full view of the stone.
- Very sturdy base – This results in much greater stability and vibration free operation.
- The machine is fitted with 3 Angle Protractors as against one in most other machines. These three angle protractors can be used for three different pre-set angles for faceting and polishing.